February 22, 2014

A Trip Back to the Earth

Yesterday, I had the joy of seeing my homeschooling group's friends again after who-knows-how-long. One of the moms, whom my mom had the privilege of leading into homeschooling, had used her connections with the Arboretum 's staff to gain us free admission to the beautiful grounds. *cheeky grin*


The Los Angeles Arboretum and Botanic Garden is famous for its lake, which was the sole reason why Indians in the early days settled around the area. This lake had been the scene of many famous movies, one of which includes "Tarzan".


Our tour guide had been most helpful in regards to the history of the Indians who used to live in the Arcadia area. She's an expert on the subject. In fact, her daughter-in-law is part-Indian! Amazing...


Actually, I'd be writing a full report on this later, so I'll keep this brief and short. Hint hint: I also have quite a few pictures in store, so be sure to stay tuned! xD





Exhausted but incredibly empowered with the new information learned today,

No comments:

Post a Comment