January 24, 2014

Last Saturday - poem

Here's a poem that I wrote back in October 3, 2012. ^^


Washing the morning dishes,
Just minding my own business,
(A bit grudging, I must add),
When down it rained, beauty-clad.

Strains of pleasing melody,
Triads in sweet harmony,
I cast eyes outward, wonder!
The music did not flounder.

Down it wafted from above,
Gently, gently, like a dove;
Master fingers undisclosed,
As they played the highs and lows.

I hurried with the washing,
No sign of tuneless humming.
Finally done, I grabbed the leash
As excuse of remedy.

With my dog, hasted to sidewalk
And slowed my pace to a walk.
Ears alert, eyes akin,
For the music now grew dim.

Now my gaze is on high grounds,
Still the rapturous effects sounds.
With a sudden jolt, I knew,
Keys I used to play so true.

Oh, joy! One of my Bach piece!
Now the skillful play has cease.
Fleeting time, I'm back at home;
The piano's where I roam.



This all really happened, although the part about "my Bach piece" wasn't. Inspired by the incident, I decided to write it down. This is probably my best in-one-sitting poem I've ever written. ^^


Critiques and comments welcomed!


No comments:

Post a Comment