January 24, 2014

How This Came To Be - poem

One more poem written around September 5, 2012.  And yes, I'm on a rampage on posting all my beloved poems of old... <3

This was a real experience by me; it all truly happened just a couple nights ago (when I first wrote it). Don't you think the whole thing is somewhat ironic? xD

Can you "see" the picture/scene I'm trying to portray here through the usage of few words? I've always known that little words, when used correctly and fittingly, is powerful, but now have I only known just how powerful. Hence my trying my hand at it. How well it came out, I don't know.

Please comment on what you think about this free verse, and how I can improve on my writing! (I promise I won't bite!)




How This Came To Be

End of day
Morales low
Tensions high
Tired
Stressed
Stomachache
Pain
Inquiries
Scolded
Rebuked
Guilty
Misty eyes
Blurred vision
Breaks down
Eyes up
Quiet weeping
Pauses
Runs upstairs
Collapses on bed
Sobbing
Wailing
Brokenness
Not comforted
None understands
Forgotten bedtime hug
Sorrowful
Depressed
Self-pity
Trickling wetness
Damp pillow
Once more
Awake
Thinking
Midnight
Slow motions
Bed creaking
Flipped switch
Blinding light
Still
Blinking
Adjusting
Rummaging
Paper
Pen
Starts
Writing

THIS





Again, criticism is appreciated, but rudeness is not. ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment